Our eyes tend to gravitate towards what is lovely and beautiful and good and right. Those are all great things, but what about the other things in life?
Here’s my thanksgiving list that has led me to a happier place this week:
- I am thankful for the huge pile of dirty clothes sitting in my laundry room floor. It means I have lots of people in my life.
- I am thankful for the little piles of dog hair and dirt in my floor. It means I have a dog to love.
- I am thankful for the dirty dishes in my sink. It means we have plenty of food to eat.
- I am thankful for my aching back. It means I can and have worked hard this week.
- I am thankful for occasional lack of sleep. It means my teenager just wanted to chat before bedtime.
- I am thankful for the interruptions in my schedule. It means someone needed what I have, whether it be time, counsel, or just a listening ear.
- And I am thankful that there is NO END to this list if I just look and listen with my heart.
What are you thankful for? What makes you thankfully happy?
THANKSGIVING BREEDS HAPPINESS.
Have you joined?
Receive Rest and Shade for your Soul - Directly in your inbox!